Saturday, June 2, 2007

#4 I me myself…

Who am I?

Kaushal,

Well the answer was obvious na,

But think of it what is it that relates to “I” part?

Kaushal: means pure Talent (could be at anything).

What talents do I posses wholly to rightfully claim the title?

Who am I?

A student..

On a Philosophical note..

A student who wants to learn, learn and learn. Well that’s what I have been doing with material studies and struggle for degrees.

But the real learning, the knowledge of life, the knowledge of self has always eluded me.

If I am not learning what I seek, then how am I a student?


Who am I?

An engineer, a code collie, a Technician

HMM

This one I can’t deny, somewhere somehow that’s what I am.

But I don’t feel the oneness with them. I long for small shift out of it.

And if I don’t feel that connection with it, how come I am that?

Who am I?

A critic...

Well this one thing I can be dam good at, Criticizing things.

Be it anything, from food to weather to Indian cricket team’s performance to any dam thing, I can bring out the fault in it.

But I know how to appreciate the beauty of nature, the emotion of love for people you care about, the happiness seeing the smile on a kids face, etc.

And if I know to appreciate, then how am I to call myself a complete critic?

Who am I?

An Individual..

A singular entity that has to stand out on its own in the crowd of millions.

But I can’t really be that individualist, since I need company; I need that crowd around me in the first place.

Then how do I stand out and over all of them?????

How am I an individual then?

Who am I?

A Jain...

If not an individual on the whole then I ought to be a part of large group uh. Born among them I have to be a part of them.

But I haven’t been able to follow the rules and norms followed by Jains.

If I can not abide by the followings and beliefs of the group,

Then can I really be a part of that group?

Who am I?

A life..

Could be the simplest of answers wont it, but is it so simple?

Life as a term, I feel stresses more on the soul side of it. There is one more physical side to existence which the term does not do any justice to.

Who am I?

A Human Being…

Hmm think of it, seems good to cover the physical aspect as well as the spiritual part that a human being is supposed to have.

But is it the complete answer?

Who am I then?

ON the material side of things…

The only option to which I could not find any conflicts was

An INDIAN.

From my heart and soul I AM.

AND

Who am I?

ME.

With all the emotions and individualistic attributes and the part of a group and various small talents which are still on their way to perfection and various other unnamed, unnoticed, unexplored dimensions, which come out to define my character on time need basis.


SON.

Yes I am a son to my parents.

With all the love, affection and caring that I have received.

Some good sons call themselves to be indebted by their parents for everything parents do for them.

Well for a son I am, I feel it is something too powerful and pure to be considered in the petty human forms of calculations like debt and obligations.

Yes that’s it hai na..

Given a question we tend to look into the most complex solutions assuming the thing to be answered can not be a small one, guess that’s human nature. But being wrong and finding the answer to the truth in itself is a power that we have and practice.

Who am I?

ME.

8 comments:

Karthik said...

Dude, i would like to say the same thing that i said when i first read this unedited post......
It does get u thinking, but i seriously would suggest you start posting on some not so serious stuff dude
and i also notice that u missed out the bad driver part :)

Unknown said...

itna serious blogging mat kar dost...it was like pandit ravi shanker speaking on inner slf and blah blah...

Ann M said...

i see a Franz Kafka in the making..!
deep and profound thoughts i say.!

Bhargav said...

I think I know what happenend here...
You must have watched Andaz Apna Apna, particularly that scene which goes like "Tum jo ho, woh tum nahin ho, woh jo hain, woh woh nahin hai jo woh hain, main jo hoon, main main hoon, ya main bhi nahin hoon jo main hoon.."

Unknown said...

Follow this therapy.
1. Morning Yoga for two hours.
2. Two hours of meditation daily.
3. Two hours of walk.
4. Only fruits for breakfast.
5. 4 hours of daily sleep.

I guess this should mark the beginning of "Kaushal,The Saint".. :D :D :D ( actually I could have added more to my list... hehe.. )
hey but frankly, your blog is compiled after a long thought process I guess... Full marks dude!!

kd said...

guys.. (bala style)
get an aptitude for a bit of serious thoughts re...
@Karthik :
dude god has given ya a brain with the hopes you might use it...
i know u dont need to cause u are going ONSITE and getting a DOWRY good enough for life time..
yet give a try pal.
@shariq:
pal guess u meant SRI SRI and not Pandit..
@ANN:
Franz who?????
@bhargav:
good one man.. but i will have to watch that movie again to get the exact location..
guess it was amir khan in the police station but need to confirm this one.
@shailes:
dude this one came out in 20 mins flat.15 mins for writing and 5 mins for review by few noble minds..
thinking of it..
had it taken a longer time dont think it would have come to publishing stage as those (intelligent and philosophical) moods wont last more than that for me... :P

Jobin Thomas said...

some soul searchin..?? nice write up..!!

Anonymous said...

The most important thing man(or woman)can ever be is a student...Something one should be for the entirety of ones lifespan. To be a student of the Universe is of course, our most diverse yet profound destination...if that makes sense at all. =) We can only be who we are, learning, loving, giving and bettering that in which makes us, us...The point you made so eloquently was not lost on this individual...
Thank you for the kind words you left me, they are very appreciated.
Peace and Blessings to you~